The New Year is here!!!
Can you tell I’m a little bit excited?!?!
I actually really love the whole New Year tradition each year. I can’t help it, I’m a planner so it’s part of my DNA or something. I love to write out goals, create to do lists, even spread sheets are a joy. Every day I create lists and take great joy in checking things off. (Sometimes I even write down a task I already completed that day just so that I can mark it off, but shhh, don’t tell.)
Now that you know all of that about me, I’m guessing you’re not surprised to find out that I look forward to THIS post every year. My 2016 goals. My resolutions. The tasks I want to complete throughout the year.
In the past I split this up as “fun bucket” and “not so fun bucket”, but this time I wanted to keep my format the same as our Working Mom’s Daily Do’s 2016 Planner since that’s the planner I use everyday at home. (Sorry this picture is so dark, I totally forgot to take this photo during the light of day… the ceiling light bulb behind me is not so hot.)
Throughout the year I’ll update you on my 2016 goals in hopes of inspiring you to do the same. Let’s be one another’s accountability partners. Post your goals in the comments below, then every few months we can touch base and see how much progress we’ve made. (Nothing inspires action quite like the satisfaction of a job well done.)
- Lose 20 pounds (back to pre-baby weight)
- Continue to find a balance between “me” time and everything else (ex. taking time to give myself an in home facial)
- Attend professional development throughout the year to continue improving my skills as a teacher
- Meet & exceed my professional growth plan goals for the 2015-2016 school year
- Hubby promoted to manager
- Re-Brand Wife.Mother.Teacher. (more news on that soon!)
- Maintain my regular posting schedule
- Create a kick a** product to help women master the art of meal planning
- Increase the number of followers on social media & in our email list (check out the buttons in my side bar!)
- Conceive baby #2 (Fingers crossed!)
- Enroll little man in a few activities (ex. basketball, swimming, soccer, etc.) – something to do each season
- Enjoy at least 3 camping trips as a family
- Travel to Mackinac Island (If you’ve never been there you’re missing out, it’s a little slice of heaven in Northern Michigan)
- Enjoy a fun filled week with our friends visiting from Germany (same friends we visited in Germany last year)
- Have professional family pictures taken
- Continue improving my ability to trust my husband to complete tasks on his own (I’m a micro manager far too often…)
- Continue to schedule date nights on a monthly to quarterly basis
- Chaperon our school’s annual trip to Cedar Point together (last year was a blast!)
- Increase our household income by at least 10%
- Pay off at least 1 student loan (part of our Debt Snowball)
- Upgrade my car (nothing fancy, just slightly bigger & newer than my current ride)
- Follow a written monthly budget to continue our Debt Snowball
- Install garage door opener
- Decorate and paint both bathrooms
- Finish the basement
- Buy a new couch
- Add wall art in more of our house (I’m a terrible decorator – we’ve been in our house for 3 years and yet most of the walls are empty…)
- Replace living room furniture
- Replace master bed
- Have a successful vegetable harvest from my garden this year
- Build a retaining garden wall around our fenced in dog run
- Continue to seed & treat our lawn (it was a brand new lawn when we moved in 3 years ago, so we’ve come a long way, but it still leaves a lot to be desired)
Whew! There it is… my 2016 goals & resolutions.
I’d love to hear from you. What’s on your list? Do we have any in common? Drop me a line in the comments below!