I’m so thankful that as a teacher I get to enjoy my summers at home playing wife, mother & house keeper. It’s a role change I was really looking forward to this year.
It’s a time of year where I’m usually able to catch up on my other life obligations (besides my classroom), but its also a great time to catch up on big classroom projects that I can’t find time for during the school year
Last summer was a very productive and fun one, but 2015 wasn’t quite as productive as I had hoped! 🙁 Yikes!
This summer I had high hopes of accomplishing big things – some just for fun & some for work – so like last year I had two “summer buckets” to fill.
My Fun Bucket is full of the items I hoped to accomplish this summer just for the pure joy of life.
My Not-So-Fun Bucket is full of chores & tasks that needed my attention.
Throughout the summer I’ve been checking in to see how my bucket lists were going, because lets face it – accountability is a major trick
in accomplishing your goals! 🙂 But none the less, fall (or the new school year anyway) is just a few weeks away and I still have many items to finish…. fingers crossed I get my butt in gear!
- Go camping in the back yard
- Swim in Lake Michigan
- Enjoy countless fires in the back yard (Not really countless, but we did at least enjoy some fires.)
- Visit my family in Kentucky
- Attend our local county fair
- Take weekly visits to local attractions like the science museum and zoo
- Visit my husband’s family’s cabin up north
- Continue following the Flipped Lifestyle Podcast (great info for anyone looking at online business)
- Enjoy picnics in a variety of outdoor locations near our home
- Attend a friend’s wedding in Germany
- Read a few great summer reads & take part in our local library’s summer reading program
- Go on a monthly date night with my husband
- Take a bike ride as a family down our local river trail system
- Go garage sale shopping 🙂
- Install a “doggy door” in our garage
- Add rocks to our garden & dog area
- Find a solution for my ever spreading collection of strawberry plants
- Create a garden path out of wood chips
- Fill in my second square foot garden (affiliate link – thank you!)
- Re-caulk kitchen
- Re-caulk bathrooms
- Organize garage for fall/winter
- Get rid of extra items at a garage sale
- Continue basement finishing project
- Purchase & install a storm door on our front entrance
- Purchase & install a hanging screen door for our deck
- Add flowers below stairs to our deck
- Fill in holes in garden with new flowers
- Paint & redecorate two upstairs bathrooms
- Continue to weed gardens
- Build a new garden to surround our utility boxes
- Continue to seed our yard to improve our grass
- Apply weed & feed and grub control to our yard at the end of summer/early fall
What’s on your summer bucket list? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Check back often – I’ll be updating my list regularly throughout the summer. As tasks are completed I’ll cross them out & as we think of new ones we’ll add to the list! Wish us luck – it’s sure to be an action packed summer. 🙂