As motivating as the New Year is to accomplish big things, the start of Spring sure does come in a close second. The melting snow & new life everywhere you look is a great reminder that Spring is a time of rejuvenation & change. It’s the perfect time to check in on your 2015 goals and create a specific list just for Spring – Spring Goals!
To get started, I always take a look back at what I’ve accomplished so far….
2015 New Years Resolutions & Goals
- Commit to a more healthy me in 2015
- Spend more time building up the relationships in my life with friends & family I still need a little more growth in this year, schedules get busy and it’s really easy to let time slip by without a visit or hello, but I’m working on it.
- Read at least 12 books (1 per month) I’m well on my way to finishing this goal!
- Remember to put myself first a little more often I’m getting much better at not burning the candle at both ends. I’ve been doing a much better job at listening to my body – especially when it comes to bed time!
- Continue to work towards improving my classroom management
- Attend at least one motivational professional development conference
- Work to meet my PGP Goals
- Continue with the Total Money Makeover Baby Step 2 – we only have $390 left to pay off before the only debt we have remaining is student loan debt
- Use Swagbucks to earn money towards Christmas 2015 I’m pretty excited about the amount of Swagbucks I’ll have coming in this summer. Our family purchased vacation tickets using a Travelocity link on Swagbucks, so we’re looking about getting about $200 of Amazon gift cards awarded to our account in August. 🙂
- Increase our family’s bring home pay to gain more traction in our Debt Snowball
- Attend Dave Ramsey’s FPU class again to increase traction & motivation
- Continue to blog a minimum of 2 days per week
- Continue to write content meant to help working moms live a better life
- Create a editorial calendar with a regular schedule of post types
- Continue to offer reviews & giveaways of products on my blog for my readers
- Reach 2,500 followers on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest (Check out our buttons in the side bar!)
- Reach 500 YouTube subscribers on our new channel
- Grow our email subscription list to 250 subscribers
- Continue to seed our back yard to promote a more full, healthy lawn by the fall of 2015
- Grow fresh produce in our vegetable garden
- Install a doggy door in our garage
- Paint our master bathroom
- Start planning the layout of our basement – we hope to start working towards finishing it over the next two years This winter we received a HUGE surprise from my dad. He showed up at our house with the supplies to get the project going – a job we couldn’t have done this soon without his help – I’m SO grateful!
- Build a DIY computer desk for our office area (Here’s my inspiration)
- Install remaining paver stones in our patio area
- Insulate our garage
- Install a storm door on our front door
- Install a magnetic screen on our back door
- Clean & restore my grandmother’s hope chest
- Service our lawnmowers for spring/summer
- Set up the pool table in our basement
- Install a peep hole in our front door
Our 2015 is off to a great start. We’ve made a lot of progress in many areas of our lives, so now it’s time to look forward at what’s to come. I like to break my annual goals into seasonal chunks, just like when I posted my winter goals in December
. But this season brings a new item to consider – hubs and I have made the decision to start trying for baby #2 this summer!!!
So that means I have a lot I want to get done before pregnancy starts to slow me down a bit. With that in mind, here’s my Spring 2015 Goals List…
Our Spring Goals
- Visit my family in KY at least twice
- Go on at least two dates with hubs, kid free
- Plan at least two dates with my girlfriends
- Continue to read a minimum of one book per month
- Plant seeds indoors & later start transplanting them outside in my vegetable garden
- Enjoy relaxing warm evenings on the front porch watching the sunset (My favorite warm weather spot!)
- Plan our summer vacation schedule – we’re traveling to Germany for a friend’s wedding & hoping to spend some time soaking up the sunshine at Lake Michigan
- Re-caulk our bathroom
- Finish filing City taxes for 2014
- Paint our master bathroom
- Plan & budget for new master bathroom towels
- Re-caulk our master bathroom
- Organize closets, cupboards & drawers throughout the house
- Re-caulk our kitchen
- Continue working on our basement project with my dad
- Start running again (the cold temperatures scared me away this winter & I still need to lose a few pounds from my son so with deciding to have another child I’d love to get rid of those first)
- Continue working extra activities to help supplement our debt snowball
- Create new study lesson plans & website
- Replace or repair our existing lap top computer
- Add coat hooks to the wall in our garage
- Install garage door opener
- Install doggy door in garage
Are you a blogger? Let’s keep each other accountable – link to your Spring Goals in the comments below! Do you have friends that could benefit from a reminder to set some Spring goals? Share this post using the social media buttons on the left!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate marketing links that compensate me for sales.