Meal planning is a huge part of living on our budget successfully. Every two weeks we budget $150 to feed our family of three for two weeks. In order to ensure our family has enough food to eat for the entire pay period we must first plan our menu and grocery list at home. While walking the aisles of my local Aldi I carry a calculator with me and add up every item as it goes in my cart, that way I know I stay within budget.
Without further delay, here is our two week meal plan for the start of February…
- Ham, turkey or PB&J Sandwiches
- Chips, Fruit or Vegetables
- String Cheese & Crackers
- Breakfast for Dinner (Ham, eggs & toast)
- Ham & Corn Chowder
- Turkey Dinner with family
- Taco Salad
- Orange Chicken with Stir Fry & Brown Rice
- Mesquite BBQ Tenderloin with fried potatoes and vegetables
- Turkey Burgers with French Fries
- Turkey Pot Pie
- BLT’s with French Fries
- Buffalo Chicken Dip with Tortilla Chips
- Fruit & Veggies
This two week meal plan cost $153. It’s the first time in awhile that we went over budget on our grocery budget – I’m pretty sure the last time was in the summer. I made the choice to use $3 from our miscellaneous money to cover it.
Will you be meal planning this February? I’d love to hear about your meal plan in the comments below!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate marketing links that compensate me for sales.