I’m almost ashamed to admit that I’ve never cooked a quiche before until this week. I’ve always enjoyed eating them though… I’m a professional at that! 🙂 When I told my husband I wanted to make a quiche he looked at me like I’d lost my mind and declared he would find his own dinner. (He was in for a surprise!)
Breakfast Quiche for Dinner
- Pie Crust (I use store bought from Aldi but you could make your own as well)
- Olive oil (for browning onions)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet pepper
- 1 roll breakfast sausage
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (or another choice of your liking)
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375
- Coat 9 inch pie pan in cooking spray & prepare crust (should be cool, chill if needed)
- Heat oil over high heat, add onions, peppers & salt until brown (3-5 minutes)
- Add water, reduce to low heat and stir occasionally. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes.
- In another pan, brown breakfast sausage.
- Layer onions & peppers, followed by breakfast sausage in your pie crust.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top of the ingredients
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, sour cream and salt & pepper in a bowl. Pour in the pie crust.
- Bake until quiche is puffed and firm when touched in the center, between 40-50 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack
You’re going to love this quiche I promise, it’s out of this world. Even my husband was in love! I’d love to know what you think, tell us about your favorite quiche recipes in the comments below.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate marketing links that compensate me for sales.