Did my title confuse you? I’m sorry, I promise it’s not a typo. I’ve spent some time lately thinking about what the difference is between what we should
be doing, and what we should
be doing – let me explain.
When I’m home in the evenings or find a spare moment on the weekend, I often think about what I should be doing:
- Catching up on laundry & dishes
- Picking up around the house
- Accomplishing something on my running to do list
- Lesson planning for school
- Working on my next blog post
- Tutoring online
But what about what I should be doing:
- Enjoying a moment of silence
- Soaking up some sunshine
- Reading a book
- Taking a bubble bath
- Cuddling with my husband & son
- Calling a friend
- Relaxing with an at home spa experience
How often do you get caught up in the wrong should do items and forget about the right ones? I’d be lying if I didn’t say taking advantage of little moments to finish to do list tasks is a huge part of what makes my home run smoothly – but I need to remember to take a few moments for myself each day when there is something else that I should be doing.
What should you be doing? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below & in the mean time go do what you should be doing!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate marketing links that compensate me for sales.