This year has been one of the most eye opening years of our marriage so far. We were blessed to be given the gift of Financial Peace University
. Many of you have read about our favorite moments
of the FPU experience this year. It has been an inspiring journey & I’m so glad to have shared it with all of you.
Now that we’re a few months out from our class experience, we’ve entered the “After FPU” portion of our Total Money Makeover. Although we have a long path ahead of us, I know that we’re finally on the right path to achieving a debt free status! 🙂 Will you join us? If you’re new to Dave Ramsey and his financial program, I would HIGHLY recommend you take a weekend to read the Total Money Makeover. It is life changing!
Total Money Makeover is one of the best written books I’ve ever read. My husband and I both equally enjoyed reading the book. We even listened to the book on CD. It was a great way to take Dave with us on long car rides & road trips. When we feel the need for an extra financial inspiration we just pop in the CD. Have I inspired you to check out the book yet? No??? You must be the one in a million lucky souls that was born with the gift of handling finances with ease and extreme wisdom! 🙂 The rest of us need an adviser like Dave Ramsey & his book Total Money Makeover
to help us out.
Our After FPU Goal List:
- Retake the FPU class (did I mention the lifetime, free membership!) this fall & gain a few more accountability partners in our life
- Continue making a monthly budget, every month, before the month begins
- Continue using the envelope system to pay for food & miscellaneous expenses
- Update our debt snowball information with student loan companies
- Continue using the debt snowball to pay off our student loan debt
We’d love to hear from you… tell us about your Total Money Makeover experiences in the comments below!