I’m a huge fan of any cook book that will:
- make my family think I’m a rock star in the kitchen.
- help me save money from my monthly grocery budget.
- save me time by allowing me to cook & freeze food in advance.
- includes incredibly delicious and easy recipes.
Well, tah-dah…. we have a winner! Fix, Freeze, Feast
is a book designed with you & me in mind. Here are just a few of the things I *LOVE* about this book:
- All recipes are in “bulk” allowing you to make plenty of meals to serve fresh or freeze for future use.
- Meat is portioned in “common” terms – like “1 tray” of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. This makes buying in bulk & cooking in bulk incredibly easy.
- There is a great balance between day-to-day recipes that include common items one would find in their kitchen AND unique recipes for when you’re feeling like a challenge.
Even though Fix, Freeze, Feast
is wonderful – and I’m totally recommending it – I’d be lying if I didn’t say there is ONE thing I don’t like about the book….. no pictures! 🙁 I admit it, I’m visual. Show me a picture of a tantalizing new recipe and my mouth is watering before I’ve written it on my meal plan
. But this book doesn’t have photos of all the delicious recipes, so you’ll have to use your imagination. 🙂