This year I’d like to make it my goal to have more date nights with my dear husband. This page will be a place to compile a list of date night ideas that are either FREE or low cost. Please share your ideas in the comments below!
- Redbox Movies – Join the Red Box Text Club to receive a monthly free movie rental code. Sign up every cell phone in your family & you’ll be able to have a monthly date night for FREE!
- Sunday Drive – Bring back some old fashioned fun by taking a slow Sunday drive. What a great way to enjoy the great outdoors & your special someone!
- Game Night – Dig out your favorite childhood games & challenge your spouse to a game of Uno or Jenga.
- Volunteer – Join your loved one at the local animal shelter or nursing home & fall in love with them all over again while bringing joy to the hearts of others.
- Picnic in the Park – Enjoy the great out doors by packing your favorite large blanket & snacks to enjoy together!
Less than $20
- Happy Hour Drinks & Appetizers – Give your favorite local eateries a phone call to find out what their happy hour specials are. One of our favorites has $1.50 pints of draft beer and half price appetizers after 9pm four days of the week! That makes for dinner & tip for about $10! You may even be able to combine happy hour discounts with a free Swagbucks gift card depending on what restaurants you have available in your area. That’s as good as FREE!
- Dinner & Movie Combos – Many local eateries offer a movie & dinner combo where you can buy tickets for two to a movie plus a dinner for much cheaper than individual prices.
- Discount Movies – Check out your area for a cheap movie theater Many towns have a movie theater that shows movies that have already been out for a few months for just a couple of bucks per ticket!
- Matinee Movie Showing – Our local theater charges $3.50 less PER person for going to a movie a few hours earlier. That’s a total of $7 for a couple which means you can now get the jumbo popcorn to share & then some with your savings! 😉