I admit it… I love lists! I love making them, but even more I LOVE to cross items off the list. To help organize my family for the upcoming holiday season & inspire your family to get organized as well, here is my current holiday season to do list. This is a work in progress so I’ll try to update everyone on our progress as the weeks go by!
- Dusting – We have a new house & it seems like drywall dust is EVERYWHERE. I’ll be spending many hours dusting every nook & cranny over the coming weeks.
- Shampoo the Furniture – Living in a new house has made me realize just how much my old furniture needs some TLC.
- DIY Dishwasher Soap – I’ve been wanting to try one of many wonderful recipes online for awhile now & would really like to commit to completing this task soon.
Foods to Cook Ahead
- Cookies – I have two favorite options here:
- Freeze cookie dough balls on a flat cookie sheet & then store in baggies to bake at a later date
- Bake the cookies & freeze for easy thawing before an event.
- Bread – I’ve found a few wonderful fresh bread recipes that I’d like to try – the freezing ahead part is a bit of an experiment. I’d like to have the dough ready to rise & bake before the holiday.
- Plan Out Christmas Menu
- Inventory Stock Pile & Create Shopping List for Christmas Events
- Self Cut X-Mas Tree – We’re Christmas fanatics in my house & adore setting up our Christmas tree at Thanksgiving but this year we’d really like to cut our own. Does anyone have any advice?
- Hang Outdoor Lights – Here’s another new item for us. This is our 1st Christmas with a two-story house & we’re already debating how we plan to put lights on the outside of our house!
- Write Christmas Letter – I admit it, I’m one of those people that loves the cheesy Christmas newsletters!
- Print Family Photos for Cards
- Prepare & Send Christmas Cards
- Plan Day After Christmas Shopping – My husband & I love to plan ahead for the next Christmas season by buying our Christmas cards, wrapping paper, gift tags & decorations on clearance after the holiday. The only items we buy before Christmas each year are our annual ornaments with the year printed on them.
That’s all I have time for right now! More to come soon! What’s on your holiday prep list?